Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fender Stage 100 DSP Combo Review!

The Fender Stage 100 DSP is a great little (or not so little) combo amp. At 100 watts (solid state), it packs a punch even at low volume. I rarely use it above 3 or 4 on the volume, or I'll blow my ears out in my reverb-filled basement. It has great tone, and the onboard effects are mostly pretty good. It has nice drive, and even an effects loop, so I can actually use my delay AFTER the amp effects. My only complaints are pretty minor. First, the amp always has a slight static/hum that can be heard when you're not playing. Most amps have this, but it is definitely more noticeable on this amp, and is very undesirable for recording. Second, It only has a single Celestion speaker. There's easily room in the cab for 2 speakers, and I'm planning to add another sometime in the future. It sounds great, though, and it has an output for an extension cab, too. I got the thing for $100, so I shouldn't complain at a buck per watt. Third, every once in a while, the amp will develop a hiss beyond what it normally has. At first it's just annoying, but eventually it overtakes the guitar signal, and you have to turn the amp off and leave it for a while before it works again. This happened a couple times a few months ago, and didn't happen again until very recently, and now it's doing it a lot (any help in the comments would be appreciated!). All in all, this is a great amp, and I love the tones I can get from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment